This guide describes the new Invoice Filtering feature included in Kimble Release 1.25. We have also attached a .pdf version for your convenience.
In Kimble Release 1.25, the existing Create New Invoice functionality has been enhanced, fully supporting Mid-Month Billing.
Previously, Kimble could run batch invoicing to a mid-month billing schedule, but for some customers that meant attempting to split Tracking Period time input into “up to and including the 15th” and “post 15th” each month.
Using the new filter “Invoice Only Up To Date,” mid-month billing for Services and/or Expenses can be achieved while Period Management is handled as normal.
You can now define what will be included on the New Invoice through three filters.
- Invoice only up to a specific date
- Invoice for only Services, only Expenses or both
- Invoice only by specified Resources
In Kimble, Invoices can be created in two ways:
- Within a Delivery Engagement, via Financial Management > Invoices >
- By navigating to Invoices and clicking , at which point you are prompted to select an Account.
Regardless of which method you use to create your Invoice, you will be taken to the Create New Invoice page, which presents a list of Elements that can be included. In 1.25, each Element has a Filtering column. This filter icon is grey when no filters are set.
The Filter icon is blue when filters have been set.
Clicking the Filter icon opens the Filter window.
Three possible filters can appear in this window. The third – Resources – will only appear if there is more than one Resource who has generated invoiceable items for this Element.
- You can filter to include only Services, only Expenses, or both.
- You can filter the Invoice up to a specific date. Click into the Invoice Up To Date box to open the calendar and select a specific date. Alternatively, you could click on today’s date to auto-populate this field.
- Click on the Resources field to see a list of available Resources. Only Resources who have submitted Time or Expenses against the Element will appear as options. This filter is not available where only one Resource is assigned to the Element.
You can select multiple Resources. Click the blue x to delete a Resource from the filter.
To Apply changes made in the Filter window click Apply. To clear filters that have been entered, click Clear All.
Once you have applied the relevant filters, you can click and continue with the Invoice Wizard.