This guide describes the new Mass Approval Processing enhancements included in Kimble Release 1.23. We have also attached a .pdf version for your convenience.
In Kimble Release 1.23, Kimble provided the ability to perform Mass Approval Processing. This means Timesheets and Expense Claims can be Approved or Rejected en masse.
In Kimble Release 1.25, this has been extended to the following Approval Types:
- Credit Note
- Cost Adjustment
- Revenue Adjustment
- Forecast Timesheet
- Usage Adjustment
- Change Order
- Period Cost
- Period Revenue
- Travel Requisition
- Supplier Requisition
- Delivery Group Stage
- Sales Opportunity
Navigate to Pending Approvals in the App Launcher (or the All Tabs menu in Salesforce Classic) to see all Approval Types with Pending Approval Requests.
The process for mass approving Timesheets is outlined below; this process will be the same regardless of the selected Approval Type.
- First, select the Approval Type from the available options. In this case, Timesheet has been selected.
- Select an Activity from the left menu.
Two toggle switches will affect which Approval Requests you see.
- The toggle in the top right corner of the screen allows you to switch between viewing only those Approval Requests that are assigned to you, and all Pending Approval Requests.
- If there are multiple Activities with Approval Requests pending, you will see a Single/Multi toggle as well. When switched to Single, you will only be able to approve requests by Activity. Toggling to Multiintroduces an All option, where Timesheet approvals across all Activities are displayed.
|Note: There is a technical limit to the number of Approval Requests that can be displayed in the table on the right. Because of this, there may be more Pending Approval Requests across all Activities (indicated by the number to the right of All) than can be displayed. The mass approval option only applies to displayed Approval Requests, so you should always re-query Approval Requests when there are an especially large number pending. This allows you to confirm that there are no Pending Approval Requests remaining.|
- Once you have set your view, you can approve or reject Pending Approval Requests. Clicking the burger menu will give you three options: Approve All, Approve Selected, and Reject Selected.
- After clicking Approve All, Kimble will ask you to confirm by clicking .
- You can then enter any Approval Comments and click .
- A pop up will appear if any errors occurred during processing.
- Once Approval Requests have been processed, a green tick mark indicates success and a red exclamation mark indicates an Approval that was not possible.
There are a number of reasons Approval of a Timesheet might not possible. Some of the most prevalent examples include:
- the Effort submitted is greater than the Remaining Planned Effort on that Activity
- Kimble is unable to forecast remaining effort because of the Usage Behavior Rule on the Assignment.
The warning generated when approving prompts you to take action, whether that action is rejecting the Timesheet or making changes to the Activity.
A separate Approval Requests page exists that is exclusively dedicated to Timesheet Approvals. This allows for permission-based access for approving Timesheets that is distinct from access to the other Approval Types available on the Pending Approvals page.
To reach the Timesheet Approval Requests page, navigate to Timesheet Approval Requests in the App Launcher (or the All Tabs menu in Salesforce Classic).
- a number next to a clock icon indicates when Timesheets are awaiting Approval
- a number next to a blue money icon when Expense Claims are awaiting Approval (added in 1.25)
|Note: The money icon does not always represent an Expense Claim. A yellow money icon represents Elements that have no Purchase Orders allocated. The red money icon represents Elements that have limited Purchase Order Cover remaining.|
Clicking a Pending Approvals Insight will take you to a page displaying the relevant Pending Approval Requests for that Engagement. In the below example, clicking the clock Insight takes you to a Timesheet Approval page.
This process for mass approval is the same as the one outlined for the Pending Approval Requests page.
|Salesforce Manage All Approvals Facility
The Home page shows a related list called Items to Approve. Within this list is a Manage All button. This is a Salesforce function that Kimble does not support.
Kimble recommends that you use the Items to Approve list only for the purpose of viewing the number of items you need to approve, while using the Kimble Approval capabilities outlined in this guide exclusively when conducting Mass Approval.