This guide describes the new Activity Assignments Filter included in Kimble's Winter 18 Release. We have also attached a .pdf version for your convenience.
In Kimble’s Winter 18 Release, new Assignment Filter functionality has been introduced on the Activity Assignments screen.
An Engagement can have many Assignments across multiple Elements. While Kimble has provided the ability to show only Assignments for a certain Element, as well as the ability to hide Assignments that have ended (Historic Assignments), there might still be more Assignments displayed on the Activity Assignments screen than a Project Manager needs to efficiently manage Assignments.
To make Project Management easier, Kimble has introduced an Assignment Filter to the Activity Assignments screen. Filters can be particularly important where an Engagement has over 100 Activity Assignments, as more than 100 Activity Assignments cannot be viewed on an Engagement at once.
The existing checkbox to Show Historic Assignments – which controls whether Assignments on the Activity that have already ended are included or excluded from the Activity Assignments view – has been incorporated into this filter.
Whether Historic Assignments are shown or hidden by default is defined first by an organization wide setting. Individuals can set their own default on the My Settings screen (accessed by clicking Kimble Preferences on the Home screen in Salesforce Classic; see My Settings Directory). To change any organization wide settings, please have your Kimble System Administrator contact Kimble.
It is possible to add filters for any text field, including Custom Fields. To have these fields configured, please have your Kimble System Administrator contact Kimble. Some examples of fields which can be included in the filter include:
- Resource: allows you to filter visible Activity Assignments by Resource.
- Ending Soon: allows you to filter to only those assignments which have few enough days left before the End Date to be considered Ending Soon.
- Last 10% Usage: allows you to filter to only those assignments which only have 10% of their projected Usage remaining.
Filter on Activity Assignments Screen
The following step-by-step process focuses on filtering Activity Assignments by Resource and Historic Assignments.
1. Navigate to the Engagement.
2. Select Assignments from the Activity submenu.
On the Activity Assignments screen, if there are more than 100 Activity Assignments, a warning shows: Displaying most recent 100 Assignments. Use the Resource Calendar view to manage specific Assignments.
3. Click to open the Filter panel.
- If no filters have been applied to the Activity Assignments view, the filter icon will be black on white – .
- If filters have been applied to the Activity Assignments view, the background of the filter icon will be white on blue – .
4. Type the name(s) of the relevant Resource(s) into the Resource filter.
5. Check or uncheck the Show Historic Assignments checkbox if any changes to inclusion of Historic Assignments is required.
6. Manage any other filters which may be present in the Assignment Filer panel.
7. Click to apply the selected filters.
Only the Assignments for filtered Resources are displayed.