This guide describes the new Assignment Demand Management enhancements included in Kimble Release Winter 18. We have also attached a .pdf version for your convenience.
In Kimble’s Winter 18 Release, the Assignment Demand screen, which allows you to view, manage and fulfil open Assignment demands, has been enhanced. This guide will cover the following enhancements:
- Addition on the Assignment Demand screen of clock icons, which display where days have been scheduled with a specific time slot, allowing you to compare time slots in the demand with time slots Resources have already been assigned.
- Ability to display custom fields in the Assignment Demand screen’s Details panel, and in the Assignment Demand list view for reference and sorting.
- Addition of a Resources filter to the Resource Filter panel on the Assignment Demand screen, allowing you to find a specific Resource even if they do not meet Capability Requirements.
Other enhancements to the Resource Schedule screen are covered in the following guides:
- For Resource Schedule enhancements relating to Capabilities, see the Capability Management Enhancements Feature Guide.
- For Resource Schedule enhancements relating to Geo Location, see the Using Geo Location in Kimble Feature Guide.
- For Resource Schedule Enhancements relating to displaying an Alternative Identifier, see the Code on Aggregate Gantt Feature Guide.
The Assignment Demand screen allows you to select an Activity Assignment and search for the appropriate Resource to fill that Assignment using filters. Often this will be used to fill open demand for a Resource where a Generic Resource is acting as a placeholder.
Kimble provides two ways of fulfilling demand:
- Assigning one or more Resources as Proposed Candidates. Once proposed, these may be reviewed and one of the Candidates accepted to fulfil the assignment.
- Assigning a Resource directly as a Replacement of the Generic Resource.
Using the Scheduled Time Rule of DateTimeWithForecastTimeEntry, Kimble allows you to schedule time slots when recording demand.
On the Assignment Demand screen, clock icons display where days have been scheduled with a specific time slot, allowing you to compare time slots in the demand with time slots Resources have already been assigned.
The time slot icon only displays for days that have a scheduled time slot. (You must be zoomed in all the way on the Gantt view for the icon to display.)
Hover over the time slot icon on a day to see the scheduled Start Time and End Time. Time slot pop-ups for the Generic Assignment will remain open so you can compare them to other time slots. Click to close those time slot pop-ups.
Scheduled Days are displayed:
- in the Assign window that opens when you propose a candidate or replace the Generic Resource.
|If there are no scheduled time slots for the assignment, the Scheduled Days section does not appear.|
- in the Details view.
Time slot icons copy across from the Generic Resource to the proposed candidate(s) or the replacement Resource upon saving.
A new filter can be added to the Resource Filter panel of the Assignment Demand screen. This filter – Resources – allows you to filter down to a specific Resource or specific Resources using their Resource Name(s).
This filter behaves like other filters in the panel; when used in conjunction with other filters, the results after clicking will be only those Resources that meet all the set criteria.
|An organization-wide setting determines if the Resources filter appears on the Assignment Demand screen. To add the Resources filter (or to remove it if it has been added), please have your Kimble System Administrator contact Kimble.|
Custom fields can be displayed on the Details view of the Assignment Demand screen. Any added custom fields will appear in the Additional Details section.
Added custom fields can also be displayed as columns in the Assignment Demand list view.