This guide describes the new Automatic Invoicing enhancement included in Kimble Release Winter 18. We have also attached a .pdf version for your convenience.
In Kimble Winter 18 Release, The Billing Contact displayed on the Invoice defaults to the Billing Contact specified on included Elements. This functionality will override the Account Billing Contact provided the Billing Contact on all the elements is the same.
When Invoicing, you can set a Billing Contact as the person associated with the Account for billing purposes.
- To be available as a Billing Contact, a person must be added as a Contact on the Account.
- Often, the Contact on an Invoice will be the Billing Contact set on the Account.
In addition, a Billing Contact can be specified for each Delivery Element on a Delivery Engagement.
Invoices can be generated manually through the Create New Invoice wizard, which can be launched from the Invoices tab or from the Delivery Engagement (select Invoices from the Financial Management submenu or from a Purchase Order). While the Wizard will default in either the Account Billing Contact, or the Delivery Element(s) Billing Contact, the Confirm Details step of the Wizard allows you to select a Contact from a dropdown list of available Contacts on the Account.
You cannot Manually generate Invoices for Elements that do not have the same Billing Contact.
Multiple Invoices may be generated in batch for all Delivery Engagements with invoiceable Items.
Using this approach:
- An Invoice is created for each Delivery Engagement which has Revenue Items that are ready for invoicing.
- All elements within the same engagement with invoiceable items, are added to the same invoice.
- Purchase Orders are automatically allocated and eroded.
- Invoices are generated based on configurable defaults for Invoice Format (structure), Template (layout) and Locale.
This process creates Draft Invoices, which will be routed for Approval based on Approval Rules defined for the Elements included in each Invoice. Each Invoice must be dispatched manually.
|With additional configuration, Batch Invoicing can be run automatically on a specified day each month. To modify this setting, please have your Kimble System Administrator contact Kimble.|
If the Account Billing Contact is not appropriate for a Delivery Element, set an alternative Billing Contact on that Delivery Element.
To set a Billing Contact on a Delivery Element:
- Navigate to the Delivery Engagement.
- Select Invoices from the Financial Management
- Click Edit next to the Delivery Element.
- Select a Contact from the Billing Contact dropdown.
- Click .
When Batch Invoicing in previous Releases, the Contact for the Invoice would be set to the Account Billing Contact, even when all included Delivery Elements had another Billing Contact specified.
In Winter 18, Kimble will use the Billing Contact specified on Elements included in the Invoice, if all Elements have the same Billing Contact.
Where 2 Elements are selected for Invoicing, one with a Billing Contact specified, the other with none, these Elements have different set Billing Contacts.