This guide describes the new Resource Schedule Enhancements included in Kimble Release Winter 18. We have also attached a .pdf version for your convenience.
In Kimble’s Winter 18 Release, the Resource Schedule screen which presents an aggregate view has been enhanced. This guide describes these enhancements:
- Ability to search by Either the Primary Role only or all Roles assigned to a Resource on the Resource Schedule screen (i.e. Secondary or Tertiary Role).
- Addition of Location field to Activity Assignment Mini Viewer where a Location has been assigned.
Other enhancements to the Resource Schedule screen are covered in the following guides:
- For Resource Schedule enhancements relating to Capabilities, see the Capability Management Enhancements Feature Guide.
- For Resource Schedule enhancements relating to Geo Location, see the Using Geo Location in Kimble Feature Guide.
- For Resource Schedule Enhancements relating to displaying an Alternative Identifier, see the Code on Aggregate Gantt Feature Guide.
The Resource Schedule screen is an aggregate Gantt view that displays 12 months of Assignments for multiple Resources, showing their availability from the earliest open Tracking Period.
The Resource filter allows you to view only Resources who meet certain criteria. With the exception of Capabilities (detailed here), only Resources that meet all the set criteria will be returned.
You can filter by the following fields:
- Primary Role
- Resource Type
- Business Unit
- Business Unit (Secondary)
- Assigned Until
- Required Capabilities
This new filter – Role – allows you to filter Resources by any Role they have assigned in their Resource Profile. (A Primary Role filter has been available, but this filter ignored a Resource’s Secondary Roles.)
|An organization-wide setting determines if the Role filter appears on the Resource Schedule screen. To add the Role filter (or to remove it if it has been added), please have your Kimble System Administrator contact Kimble.|
Location has been added to the Activity Assignment mini-viewer on the Resource Schedule screen. The Location field is only shown if a Location has been specified.