This guide describes the new Mobile Web Time Entry feature included in Kimble Release 1.24. We have also attached a .pdf version for your convenience.
In Kimble Release 1.24, Kimble has extended mobile support beyond iPhone and Android devices. There is now a Mobile Web Time Entry interface available within the Kimble Application that emulates the behavior of Kimble 2.0 – the mobile app for Android and iOS.
Unlike Kimble 2.0, Mobile Web Time Entry does require an internet connection – users are accessing the online Kimble Application, though the pages they access in this workflow have been optimized for use on mobile devices.
|Note: This new Mobile Web interface only covers Time Entry; it does not include Expense Entry.|
Accessing Mobile Web Time Entry
To access Mobile Web Time Entry for the first time:
- Authenticate at login.salesforce.com.
- On any page, replace everything after .com/ with apex/kimbleone__mobile_timesheet
|Best Practice: Encourage end-users to bookmark this page on their mobile browsers. This ensures a streamlined experience once authenticated.|
Using Mobile Web Time Entry
The Mobile Time Entry workflow is optimized for use on mobile devices.
Navigation between weeks is done by clicking left and right arrows in the header bar, rather than through a calendar.
Click on a day to:
- Add Time ( )
- Show a day’s forecast usage (if any is available)
Time is entered on a separate screen.
If the Activity requires you to enter Start Time and End Time, then you can type the time manually, or select the hour and minute using the arrows to the right.
The user clicks to actualise the time and return to the Mobile Timesheet.
Submitting Time Entries
There are two submission options at the bottom of the Mobile Web Time Entry interface: Submit Selected and Submit All.
- Clicking will send all actualised Time Entries through for submission. You will be informed if there are any errors.
- Clicking will send only those Time Entries that have been selected through for submission.
Selecting Time Entries
Before you can click , you must open the dropdown menu at the top right of the Mobile Time Entry interface and choose Select or Select All.
This dropdown menu includes three options:
- Select: Allows you to select individual Time Entries (both forecast usage and actualised time).
- Select All: Automatically selects all Time Entries (both forecast usage and actualised time). You can deselect any Time Entries to remove them from the selection.
- Delete: Allows you to select actualised Time Entries and delete.
Once the desired Time Entries are selected, click to send those Time Entries through for submission.
Note: When using Select or Select All, if you have selected any forecast usage, the prompt will be replaced by .