This guide describes the new Delivery Portfolio feature included in Kimble Release 1.24. We have also attached a .pdf version for your convenience.
In Kimble Release 1.24, Kimble has introduced Delivery Portfolios. A Delivery Portfolio allows you to pull information from multiple Delivery Engagements onto a single dashboard.
This concept will be familiar if you have interacted with Delivery Programs. Every Delivery Engagement in the Kimble Application is attached to a specific Account; Delivery Programs allow you to present the information from multiple Delivery Engagements within one view as long as those Engagements all apply to the same Account.
A Delivery Portfolio, as seen below, can include Delivery Engagements regardless of which account they are attached to.
Another key distinction between Delivery Programs and Delivery Portfolios is this: while a Delivery Engagement could only be assigned to one Delivery Program, it is possible to include a Delivery Engagement on as many Delivery Portfolios as needed.
Note: Delivery Portfolios have not replaced Delivery Programs. Both Portfolios and Programs will continue to be available because each serves a unique function.
Creating a Delivery Portfolio
- To create a new Delivery Portfolio click in the Kimble Delivery header menu (depending on menu configuration) or by clicking in the header menu and selecting .
- Click to create a new Delivery Portfolio.
- Name the Delivery Portfolio and click .
- You can now add Delivery Engagements. Click .
- Search for the Engagement you would like to add to this Delivery Portfolio.
- Click in the New Delivery Portfolio Engagement window to add the Engagement.
- Repeat until all Engagements have been added. Remember, the Engagements can be attached to any Account.
- Click to view the Delivery Portfolio.
The Delivery Portfolio is ready for use.
Delivery Portfolio Dashboard
The Delivery Portfolio dashboard consists of four elements.
- Summary: Displays the Summary information for any Firm Delivery Engagements that have a Summary. (A Summary for a Delivery Engagement is created from the Delivery Engagement’s dashboard.)
- Revenue Summary: Shows Baseline, PO Cover, Projected, Actual, and Invoiced data for all Firm Delivery Engagements in a graph.
- Margin Summary: Calculates Baseline and Projected Margin based on all Firm Delivery Engagements.
- Financials: Displays critical Baseline, Projected, and Actual data in a table format. The color markers on the left indicate whether an Engagement is Possible, Probable, or Firm. The color markers on the right indicate the Engagement’s Summary Status (Red, Amber, or Green; Grey if there is no Summary Status available.
Note: The Financials component includes all Engagements assigned to the Delivery Portfolio, whether Possible, Probably, or Firm.
But only Firm (100%) Delivery Engagements are included in the three Summary components: Summary, Revenue Summary, and Margin Summary.