Suppliers and the Supplier Dashboard
Setting Up Suppliers in Kimble
Set up the companies that supply you with Associates as “Supplier” Accounts. You can set this up from the Accounts tab (as described below), or from Invoice pages that link to the Account Edit page that was added in the Summer 20 release.
To set up an Account as a Supplier:
- In the Accounts tab, open an existing Account or create a new one.
- In the Account’s Details tab, select the Is Supplier checkbox (in the Supplier Details section).
This displays the Supplier Approval Rule, Supplier Products, and Invoice Details sections.
- If creating a new Account, complete the other fields as required.
- Click Save.
Supplier Requisitioned Product Domains
Configure any applicable Product Domains as “Is Supplier Requisitioned” so that you can raise Supplier Requisitions against any Product that belongs to them.
To denote a Product Domain as Supplier Requisitioned:
- In the Product Domains tab, open the required Product Domain.
- In the left-hand menu, click Edit Domain.
- In the Invoicing section, select the Is Supplier Requisitioned
- Click Save.
Create or configure your Associate Resources. There are two stages to this:
- Creating the Resource
- Linking the Resource to a Supplier Account
You need to create the Resource first, and then link them to the Account from the Account page.
Setting up the Associate Resource
From the Summer 20 release, Associate Resources are flagged as “Is Supplier” by their Resource Type and at the Resource level. If you want to remove the “Is Supplier” flag from an Associate Resource, for example if they become a permanent employee, you can remove the flag in the Resource record and they are no longer counted as a Supplier. To remove the flag, clear the Is Supplier checkbox in the Maintain Resource page.
The following charms appear on Associate Resource Home pages where appropriate:
The Resource is an Associate
The Resource is set up for Self-Billing
The Resource does not have an Approval Rule set
To create a new Resource for an Associate:
- In the Resources tab, click New.
- Select an “Is Supplier” Resource Type from the drop-down list.
- Click Go.
- Verify that the Is Supplier checkbox is selected.
- Complete the other fields as required, and then Save the record.
Adding the Associate to the Supplier Account
To add the Associate to the Supplier Account:
- In the Accounts tab, open the relevant Supplier Account.
- In the Account’s Related tab, create a New Supplier Product, or in the Account’s Detail tab click Add Supplier Product in the Supplier Products section.
- Enter the Associate’s name in the Supplier Product Name
- Select the Is Supplier Requisitioned
- Search for the Resource you created for the Associate.
- If required, add a Travel Category and change the Currency.
- Click Save Supplier Product.
Using the Supplier Dashboard
The Supplier Dashboard
The Supplier Dashboard enables you to manage and view Supplier Invoicing information for an individual Associate Resource in a single dashboard.
The dashboard contains the following cards:
This card was added in the Summer 20 release.
Enables Associate Resources to set their invoicing currency, opt in to Self-Billing, and opt out of Self-Billing emails.
- The Supplier Invoicing Currency is used to set the Assignment Cost Rate for the Resource. This enables Associates to raise Invoices in their preferred or home currency if they are working in an area with a different currency, or if they temporarily relocate, they can change the currency to their new local one.
- Toggling Is Self-Bill on opts the Resource in to Self-Billing. If this is toggled off, the Resource cannot use the Self-Billing features.
- Toggling Opted Out of Self-Billing Emails? on prevents Invoices from being emailed to the Resource.
Lists all Supplier Accounts linked to the Resource. A Resource can belong to multiple Accounts. You can add, edit, and delete Suppliers from this card.
- Supplier Invoice Sequences
Lists the available Supplier Invoice Sequences for the Resource. The sequence creates the Invoice Reference for the Resource, and ensures that they are enumerated logically. You can add, edit, and delete Supplier Invoice Sequences from this card.
- Invoiceable Activity Assignments
Enables you to generate draft Invoices from the dashboard by selecting the required Assignments and clicking Generate Invoice.
Supplier Invoiceable Activity Assignments must belong to a Product Domain that has the following Invoicing settings:
- Supplier Invoice Mode = Auto
- Is Supplier Requisitioned = True (checked)
- Supplier Invoices
Lists all Supplier Invoices for the Resource and displays the date, Reference, Supplier Account, status, and net and tax amounts for each one. You can click through to an invoice from the Reference.
- Supplier Requisition Line Allocations
Lists Supplier Requisitions for the Resource and displays the status, line number, and the allocated, net, and invoiced amounts.
To access the Supplier Dashboard
- Navigate to the relevant Resource.
- In the left-hand menu, click Supplier Dashboard.
This menu option only appears on Associate Resources.
Opting Out of Self-Billing and Self-Billing Emails
This feature was updated in the Summer 20 release
Suppliers can opt opt out of Self-Billing Invoice emails if you do not need to email the Invoice to them from Kimble. They can opt out of Self-Billing all together if they do not want Self-Bill Supplier Invoices generated for them.
To opt out of Self-Billing:
- Navigate to the Supplier dashboard for the Resource.
(Resource Home page > Supplier Dashboard in the left-hand menu)
- In the Self-Billing Preferences card:
- Toggle off Is Self-Bill to opt out of all Self-Billing features.
- Toggle on Opted Out Self-Billing Email to only opt out of Self-Billing emails.