Creating the Supplier Invoice Approval Rules
This feature was updated in the Summer 20 release
The Self-Billing process requires a Supplier Invoice Approval Rule. You can either set one on the Supplier Account or create a default rule that applies to any Supplier Account that does not have a rule set.
The Self-Bill process will fail for any Account that does not have a Supplier Invoice Approval Rule if a default one does not exist. It is recommended that you create a default rule to avoid failures in the event of an Account being missed when you create the Supplier Invoice Approval Rules.
To set an Approval Rule on an Account:
- Navigate to the Account.
- In the Account’s Related tab, click New in the Approval Rules list.
- Create the rule as required.
To edit your default Supplier Invoice Approval Rule, have your Kimble Administrator contact the Kimble Support Team or your Customer Success Manager.
Managing Supplier Invoice Sequences
Supplier Invoice Sequences provide a format for Supplier Invoice References when they are auto-generated in the Invoicing wizard. They enable you to add a prefix to the Reference number that identifies the Invoice.
For example, if you have an Associate that is linked to two Accounts, you could create a sequence for them for each Account that includes an Account code or name in the prefix to make it easier to identify which Account an Invoice is for.
The following Supplier Invoice Sequence references are available in Kimble. If you want to use them, or if you need assistance creating them, your Kimble Administrator should contact the Kimble Support Team or your Customer Success Manager.
- SupplierInvoiceReference – this reference is used on Approved Supplier Invoices.
- SupplierInvoiceCandidateReference – this reference is used on Draft Supplier Invoices.
To create a new Supplier Invoice Sequence for an Associate Resource:
- Navigate to the Resource’s Supplier Dashboard.
- In the Supplier Invoice Sequences card, click the +
- Enter a Sequence Name to identify the sequence.
For example, you might name it United Soil and Grass Invoice Ref.
- In the Prefix field, enter the characters to be prepended to the reference number.
This could be the Account code, for example USG.
- In the Display Format field, enter any padding characters that will separate the prefix from the reference value.
For example, you might use 00000.
- From the Enum drop-down list, select the reference that you want to define.
You can define different sequences for approved and draft Invoices.
The SupplierInvoiceReference enum adds the Context field to the screen.
- From the Context drop-down list, select:
- None: This sequence is generally applicable.
- Account: If you only want to apply this sequence to a particular Account, select this option and then specify the Account.
- Resource: If you only want to apply this sequence to a particular Resource, select this option and then specify the Resource.
- If required, change the Current Value.
By default, this is set to the latest value for the sequence, so the next reference will generate with the Current Value + 1.
- Click Save.
When creating a new Invoice using the examples here, the first reference created would be USG000001, a combination of the Prefix (USG), the Display Format (00000), and the Current Value + 1 (1 for the first reference, where the Current Value was 0).