This guide describes the Cancelling Assignments enhancement in Kimble Release Winter 19. We have also attached a .pdf version for your convenience.
In Kimble’s Winter 19 Release, Kimble has introduced the ability to record a Cancellation Reason and Narrative whenever an Assignment is cancelled. This enhancement allows you to maintain historic Assignment Demand records, helping you determine common reasons for cancellation, e.g. whether the Assignment was no longer required, or you were unable to fill it.
|Please have your System Administrator contact Kimble to enable this behavior in your organization.|
Depending on configuration, once an Assignment meets a certain criterion, the Assignment will require a Cancellation Reason and Narrative.
To cancel an Assignment and designate a Cancellation Reason and Narrative:
- Click Cancel to the left of the Assignment.
The Cancel Activity Assignment window appears.
- Select a Cancellation Reason from the Cancellation Reason dropdown menu.
- Enter a Narrative that supports the Cancellation Reason in the Narrative field.
- Click Remove.
The Assignment has now been cancelled.
A new filter, Show Cancelled Assignments, has been added to the Assignment Filter panel on the Activity Assignments screen.
This filter option will only display when this functionality has been configured. Note also that only Assignments that met the criteria – that were deleted with a Cancellation Reason and Narrative, will be returned by the filter.
- When this checkbox is unchecked, Cancelled Assignments will not appear on the Activity Assignments screen.
- When this box is checked, Cancelled Assignments appear on the Activity Assignments screen, with Gantt lines colored black to designate that they have been cancelled.