This guide describes the new Contractor Self-Billing Enhancements included in Kimble Release Summer 19. We have also attached a .pdf version for your convenience.
In Kimble’s Summer 19 Release, Kimble has introduced enhancements increasing the flexibility, efficiency and visibility of Contractor Self-Billing:
- Supplier Invoices may now be generated in bulk. This can be configured to run automatically on a monthly basis.
- A new Supplier Dashboard for each Associate Resource provides improved visibility and enables you to amend Suppliers, Supplier Invoice Sequences and to Generate Supplier Invoices.
- Two new Supplier Invoicing Sequences allow References to be auto-generated in the correct form for each Supplier, removing the need to manually enter a Reference using the Supplier Invoicing Wizard.
- A new message on Approved Timesheets which have been included on a Supplier Invoice links to that Supplier Invoice, for easier reconciliation.
Kimble’s Contractor Self-Billing functionality allows you to forecast cost and buy services as part of Project Delivery. Kimble allows you to forecast the cost as part of the Element forecasting, raise Supplier Purchase Orders to cover Associate Time and Expense, and then Actualize those costs by approving Timesheets and Expense Claims, before generating a Self-Bill invoice raised for external services.
For more details on the existing functionality see the Supplier Requisitions (1.25) Feature Guide.
In Kimble’s Summer 19 Release, Supplier Invoices may be generated in bulk, using a new Resources List View: Resources for Supplier Invoicing.
- Bulk Supplier Invoicing uses the defined Supplier Invoice Template.
- Supplier Invoice References will be generated using the new Supplier Invoice Sequences, which must be configured in advance.
To generate Supplier Invoices in bulk:
- Navigate to Resources.
- Select the Resources for Supplier Invoicing list view.
Two new fields detail Expenses and Services that are Supplier Invoiceable.
- Check the checkbox(es) next to the Resource(s) that you wish to Supplier Invoice.
- Click Generate Supplier Invoice.
This process creates Draft Invoices, which will be routed for Approval based on Approval Rules defined for the Supplier Account of each Invoice. Each Invoice must be dispatched manually.
With additional configuration, Bulk Supplier Invoicing can now be run automatically on a specified day each month.
To modify Invoice Templates or Automatic Invoicing settings, please have your Kimble System Administrator contact Kimble. Note that Automatic Supplier Invoicing requires a Supplier Invoicing Sequence to be configured – see Supplier Invoice Sequences for more details.
The new Supplier Dashboard enables you to manage and view:
- Supplier Invoice Sequences
- Invoiceable Activity Assignments
- Supplier Invoices
- Supplier Requisition Line Allocations
To access the Supplier Dashboard
- Navigate to the relevant Resource.
- Click Supplier Dashboard.
The Supplier Dashboard menu item only displays for Resources set to the appropriate Associate Resource Type.
The Supplier is the Account that supplies the Resource (note that an Account can supply many Resources, and indeed a Resource may be associated with more than one Supplier).
The Suppliers card allows you to add, view, edit and delete Suppliers.
To add a new Supplier:
- Click .
- Enter the relevant Account.
- Click Save.
Click to edit, and to delete.
Click to add a new Supplier Invoice Sequence. For details see Supplier Invoice Sequences.
Click to edit, and to delete.
Invoiceable Activity Assignments are listed, with links to the Delivery Engagement and Element. You may also generate Supplier Invoices directly from this screen.
To generate Supplier Invoices:
- Check the box(es) next to the relevant Assignments.
- Click Generate Invoice.
The Draft Invoice is generated, and listed in the Supplier Invoices card.
Supplier Invoices are listed, with their Invoice Date, Reference, Supplier, Status, Net Amount and Tax Amount.
Supplier Requisitions are listed with their Status, Line, Allocated, Net and Invoiced Amounts.
In Kimble’s Summer 19 Release, two new Sequence Invoice Sequences have been introduced, allowing References to be auto-generated for Supplier Invoices created through the wizard, and through the new Bulk Supplier Invoicing functionality:
- SupplierInvoiceReference – this reference is used on Approved Supplier Invoices.
- SupplierInvoiceCandidateReference – this reference is used on Draft Supplier Invoices.
These Sequences must be configured before they can be enabled. Please have your Kimble System Administrator contact Kimble to enable this functionality.
Sequences for an individual Associate Resource can be managed through the Supplier Dashboard.
To add a Supplier Requisition Sequence on the new Supplier Dashboard screen:
- Navigate to the relevant Resource’s Supplier Dashboard.
- Click under Supplier Invoice Sequences.
- Enter the Sequence Details as follows:
- Sequence Name: enter an appropriate name to identify the Sequence.
- Prefix: enter Characters to be prepended to the generated number.
- Enum: set which reference is being defined.
- Context: set to:
- None – this Sequence is generally applicable.
- Account – specify the Supplier Account this Sequence Applies to.
- Resource – specify the Resource this Sequence applies to.
- Display Format: The length and characters used to left pad the generated number, before the Prefix is prepended.
- Current Value: By default this is set to the latest value for the sequence, so that the next Reference will be generated with Current Value + 1.
- Click Save.
Sequences are typically created during implementation. For any assistance with editing Sequences please have your Kimble System Administrator contact Kimble.
Approved Timesheets which contain Time Entries that have been included on a Supplier Invoice now display a message and a link to the relevant Supplier Invoice.