This guide describes the new Contractor Self-Billing Enhancements included in Kimble Release Summer 19. We have also attached a .pdf version for your convenience.
In Kimble’s Summer 19 Release, Kimble has introduced enhancements increasing the flexibility, efficiency and visibility of Contractor Self-Billing:
- Supplier Invoices may now be generated in bulk. This can be configured to run automatically on a monthly basis.
- A new Supplier Dashboard for each Associate Resource provides improved visibility and enables you to amend Suppliers, Supplier Invoice Sequences and to Generate Supplier Invoices.
- Two new Supplier Invoicing Sequences allow References to be auto-generated in the correct form for each Supplier, removing the need to manually enter a Reference using the Supplier Invoicing Wizard.
- A new message on Approved Timesheets which have been included on a Supplier Invoice links to that Supplier Invoice, for easier reconciliation.
Kimble’s Contractor Self-Billing functionality allows you to forecast cost and buy services as part of Project Delivery. Kimble allows you to forecast the cost as part of the Element forecasting, raise Supplier Purchase Orders to cover Associate Time and Expense, and then Actualize those costs by approving Timesheets and Expense Claims, before generating a Self-Bill invoice raised for external services.
For more details on the existing functionality see the Supplier Requisitions (1.25) Feature Guide.
Bulk Supplier Invoicing
If your Organization is set up to use Supplier Requisitioning, you can generate Supplier Invoices in bulk from the Resources for Supplier Invoicing list view on the Resources tab. Bulk Supplier Invoicing uses the defined Supplier Invoice Template. It generates Supplier Invoice References using the Supplier Invoice Sequences.
Bulk Supplier Invoicing can be configured to run automatically on a specified day of each month. To set this up, or to modify Invoice Templates, contact Kimble.
Before using Bulk Supplier Invoicing for the first time, the following tasks must be completed:
Add the Generate Supplier Invoice button to the Search Layout for the Resource object.
Configure the new Supplier Invoice Sequences.
Filter the Resources for Supplier Invoicing list view.
Adding the Generate Supplier Invoice button to the Search Layout
In the Object Manager for the “Resource” object, add the “Generate Supplier Invoice” custom button to the required Search Layout or Search Layout for Salesforce Classic.
See the Salesforce help documentation for more information.
Configuring the New Supplier Invoice Sequences
Contact Kimble to configure and enable the Supplier Invoice Sequences. For more information, see Supplier Invoice Sequences
Filter the Resources for Supplier Invoicing list view
The Resources for Supplier Invoicing list view is automatically created but if employees appear in the list view, it might need manually filtering to only display contractors (Suppliers).
To set up the filter:
Navigate to the Resources for Supplier Invoicing view of the Resources tab.
Open it for editing.
In Salesforce Classic this is done by clicking Edit next to the “View” drop-down list.
In Lightning this is done by clicking the filter icon at the right hand side of the screen.
Specify the filter criteria as follows:
Field: Resource Type Operator: equals Value: Associate
Field: Expenses Supplier Invoiceable Amount Operator: greater than Value <currency code> 0
Field: Services Supplier Invoiceable Amount Operator: greater than Value <currency code> 0
Click Add Filter Logic. The Filter Logic field appears and the filter criteria fields display numbers next to them. The Resource Type field should be number 1.
In the Filter Logic field, enter 1 AND (2 OR 3).
This means that the list view only displays Resources that are “Associates” and have an Expenses or Services invoiceable amount greater than zero.
Bulk Generating Supplier Invoices
Generating Supplier Invoices in bulk creates draft Invoices that are sent for Approval according to the Approval Rules set on the Supplier Account for each Invoice. You must manually dispatch each Invoice.
To generate Supplier Invoices in bulk:
Navigate to the Resources tab.
Select the Resources for Supplier Invoicing list view.
Two columns displaying Expenses and Services that are Supplier Invoiceable appear.
Select the checkboxes for each Resource that you want to Supplier Invoice.
Click Generate Supplier Invoice.
The new Supplier Dashboard enables you to manage and view:
- Supplier Invoice Sequences
- Invoiceable Activity Assignments
- Supplier Invoices
- Supplier Requisition Line Allocations
To access the Supplier Dashboard
- Navigate to the relevant Resource.
- Click Supplier Dashboard.
The Supplier Dashboard menu item only displays for Resources set to the appropriate Associate Resource Type.
The Supplier is the Account that supplies the Resource (note that an Account can supply many Resources, and indeed a Resource may be associated with more than one Supplier).
The Suppliers card allows you to add, view, edit and delete Suppliers.
To add a new Supplier:
- Click .
- Enter the relevant Account.
- Click Save.
Click to edit, and to delete.
Click to add a new Supplier Invoice Sequence. For details see Supplier Invoice Sequences.
Click to edit, and to delete.
Invoiceable Activity Assignments are listed, with links to the Delivery Engagement and Element. You may also generate Supplier Invoices directly from this screen.
Invoiceable Activity Assignments appear on the Supplier Dashboard only where the Supplier Invoice Mode on the Product Domain is set to Auto.
To generate Supplier Invoices:
- Check the box(es) next to the relevant Assignments.
- Click Generate Invoice.
The Draft Invoice is generated, and listed in the Supplier Invoices card.
Supplier Invoices are listed, with their Invoice Date, Reference, Supplier, Status, Net Amount and Tax Amount.
Supplier Requisitions are listed with their Status, Line, Allocated, Net and Invoiced Amounts.
In Kimble’s Summer 19 Release, two new Sequence Invoice Sequences have been introduced, allowing References to be auto-generated for Supplier Invoices created through the wizard, and through the new Bulk Supplier Invoicing functionality:
- SupplierInvoiceReference – this reference is used on Approved Supplier Invoices.
- SupplierInvoiceCandidateReference – this reference is used on Draft Supplier Invoices.
These Sequences must be configured before they can be enabled. Please have your Kimble System Administrator contact Kimble to enable this functionality.
Sequences for an individual Associate Resource can be managed through the Supplier Dashboard.
To add a Supplier Requisition Sequence on the new Supplier Dashboard screen:
- Navigate to the relevant Resource’s Supplier Dashboard.
- Click under Supplier Invoice Sequences.
- Enter the Sequence Details as follows:
- Sequence Name: enter an appropriate name to identify the Sequence.
- Prefix: enter Characters to be prepended to the generated number.
- Enum: set which reference is being defined.
- Context: set to:
- None – this Sequence is generally applicable.
- Account – specify the Supplier Account this Sequence Applies to.
- Resource – specify the Resource this Sequence applies to.
- Display Format: The length and characters used to left pad the generated number, before the Prefix is prepended.
- Current Value: By default this is set to the latest value for the sequence, so that the next Reference will be generated with Current Value + 1.
- Click Save.
Sequences are typically created during implementation. For any assistance with editing Sequences please have your Kimble System Administrator contact Kimble.
Approved Timesheets which contain Time Entries that have been included on a Supplier Invoice now display a message and a link to the relevant Supplier Invoice.